Below is my recipe for brewing coffee with the Aeropress. The Aeropress is my primary brewing device.
- 14g of coffee, ground medium-to-fine
Takes 2:15 to brew. Takes about to prepare and brew together. Serves one person.
- Invert the Aeropress and push the plunger to the 4 circle on the device.
- Measure 14g of coffee using the Aeropress scoop or a set of kitchen scales.
- Tip coffee into Aeropress brewing chamber.
- Brew a kettle until you can see the water is boiling. Stop about 5-10 seconds before the water is fully boiled.
- Pour water in a circular motion over the grounds in the Aeropress until you reach the 2 circle.
- Wait 30 seconds for the coffee to bloom.
- Stir the coffee three times using the Aeropress paddle.
- Add a paper filter to the filter basket and rinse the filter with warm water. Rinse your mug with warm water.
- Pour water in a circular motion until the Aeropress is full of coffee.
- Wait 1:15 for the coffee to brew.
- Attach the filter cap to the top of the Aeropress. Place a mug on top of the Aeropress. Invert the device.
- Press firmly on the Aeropress. This should take around 30 seconds.
- Enjoy your coffee.
This was originally a page on my website that has since been moved to a blog post.
Read more content like this
Check out the other posts I have written related to this article.
- Aeropress Recipe
- Thoughts on the regular Aeropress method
- Coffee Chat with Jay from AeroPrecipe
- Experimenting with coarser grinding for the Aeropress
- My First French Press Brew
Powered by Novacast
Comment on this post
Respond to this post by sending a Webmention.