Weeknotes #1: The Beginning
Written by James. Published on under the Weeknotes category.
One of my favourite types of blog posts to read are "Weeknotes." These are blog posts where people share some details about their week. I like reading these posts because they afford me the opportunity to learn about some of the things that go on in the day-to-day lives of the bloggers I follow.
I was recently reading a blog post by Hey Georgie on weeknotes. Georgie wrote:
I don’t fall victim to trends and I often simply adapt to change, but I can’t deny that in the past few years I felt a need to “curate” my online content, and at the same time I missed the times I abandoned perfection for the sake of publishing my real and raw thoughts.
I would love to share more of my "real and raw thoughts" on this blog so that readers can get to know me a bit better in the same vein as Georgie's comment. I would recommend reading her blog post if you have a spare moment (but don't forget to read this one!).
Whether or not "weeknotes" becomes a series on my blog is a question I am not positioned to answer right now. But I thought I would try writing a weeknote. In this post I'll share some of the things that happened to me last week.
- I made good progress on IndieWeb Search. The search engine can now show more direct answers by reading h-recipe, h-event, and h-review microformats.
- I am looking forward to going on holiday in two weeks. I am also looking forward to going to the Manchester Coffee Festival in November. I have not been travelling for at least three months so I am excited to explore new scenery.
- I started to feel a bit overwhelmed with IndieWeb Search so I have decided to take a break. I'll come back to IndieWeb Search when I feel that I am able to give the project the attention it deserves.
- I had a great call with a friend with whom I have not spoken in months. I find it amazing how one can just pick up a phone and chat with someone thousands of miles away.
- I ate a cheese toastie for the first time in months. I ate too many at one point so I had to take a break.
- I was surprised by how summer keeps creeping back every few days. Yesterday was much warmer than I expected it would be, despite a rainy start. I love the warm weather so I will take any additional day of warmth and lovely sun that comes my way.
- I took a few photographs in my local park. I like photographing my walks. I am looking forward to being able to compare how the park was at different points in the year once I have enough photos.
- I played two games of Scrabble. I was beat in both games.
- Steampunk Coffee hosted an online coffee tasting on Sunday. It was a fun opportunity to refine my coffee tasting skills (which I admit are a bit out of tune as I have not been participating in any structured tastings of late). Although I lost both of my cupping spoons so I had to use a cereal spoon for tasting instead.
- I tried to do more Tai Chi. I think Tai Chi is my favourite form of meditation.
I hope you enjoyed these week notes. I'll see you next week!
Comment on this post
Respond to this post by sending a Webmention.