One of my favourite types of blog posts to read are "Weeknotes." These are blog posts where people share some details about their week. I like reading these posts because they afford me the opportunity to learn about some of the things that go on in the day-to-day lives of the bloggers I follow.
I was recently reading a blog post by Hey Georgie on weeknotes. Georgie wrote:
I don’t fall victim to trends and I often simply adapt to change, but I can’t deny that in the past few years I felt a need to “curate” my online content, and at the same time I missed the times I abandoned perfection for the sake of publishing my real and raw thoughts.
I would love to share more of my "real and raw thoughts" on this blog so that readers can get to know me a bit better in the same vein as Georgie's comment. I would recommend reading her blog post if you have a spare moment (but don't forget to read this one!).
Whether or not "weeknotes" becomes a series on my blog is a question I am not positioned to answer right now. But I thought I would try writing a weeknote. In this post I'll share some of the things that happened to me last week.
- I made good progress on IndieWeb Search. The search engine can now show more direct answers by reading h-recipe, h-event, and h-review microformats.
- I am looking forward to going on holiday in two weeks. I am also looking forward to going to the Manchester Coffee Festival in November. I have not been travelling for at least three months so I am excited to explore new scenery.
- I started to feel a bit overwhelmed with IndieWeb Search so I have decided to take a break. I'll come back to IndieWeb Search when I feel that I am able to give the project the attention it deserves.
- I had a great call with a friend with whom I have not spoken in months. I find it amazing how one can just pick up a phone and chat with someone thousands of miles away.
- I ate a cheese toastie for the first time in months. I ate too many at one point so I had to take a break.
- I was surprised by how summer keeps creeping back every few days. Yesterday was much warmer than I expected it would be, despite a rainy start. I love the warm weather so I will take any additional day of warmth and lovely sun that comes my way.
- I took a few photographs in my local park. I like photographing my walks. I am looking forward to being able to compare how the park was at different points in the year once I have enough photos.
- I played two games of Scrabble. I was beat in both games.
- Steampunk Coffee hosted an online coffee tasting on Sunday. It was a fun opportunity to refine my coffee tasting skills (which I admit are a bit out of tune as I have not been participating in any structured tastings of late). Although I lost both of my cupping spoons so I had to use a cereal spoon for tasting instead.
- I tried to do more Tai Chi. I think Tai Chi is my favourite form of meditation.
I hope you enjoyed these week notes. I'll see you next week!
Comment on this post
Respond to this post by sending a Webmention.
Have a comment? Email me at email@example.com.