A coffee crawl is a planned journey where you visit multiple eateries and drink coffees in various establishments, commonly undertaken when a coffee lover visits a new city or area and wants to explore the local coffee scene.
You might want to go on a coffee crawl to learn about the different coffee shops in a city. Alternatively, a coffee crawl may be part of a journey around a city. You may decide to visit various landmarks or people and, while doing so, stop by a few different coffee shops.
The key to a good coffee crawl is preparation. Before you begin your crawl, you should plan:
- What coffee shops are you going to attend? This should be based on how much coffee (decaf or regular) you think you can drink in a day. Consider opening hours when you make a list of coffee shops to visit.
- Do the coffee shops offer decaf? This may be important if you plan to exceed the number of cups of coffee you usually drink in a day.
- Whether you want to eat at each coffee shop or stop by at another eatery for a meal.
- Whether you are going to invite someone to your coffee crawl. Coffee crawls are a great social activity.
Ask your friends who have been to a city for tips on what you should think about when going on a coffee crawl. They may have some recommendations about a route to take, shops to visit, or attractions to stop by as you go on your coffee crawl.
During your crawl, make sure to drink plenty of water and eat food throughout. This will help overcome some of the physical effects of drinking many cups of coffee in one day, although this will not alleviate any over-caffeination that results from the coffee crawl.
It is easy to drink too much coffee on a coffee crawl. Always take into account how much coffee you feel comfortable drinking in a day and model your crawl around that. A coffee crawl could be as short as two or three shops and as long as six or even more, depending on your comfort zone.
Community member experiences
- James has went on various coffee crawls. In November 2021, he went on a coffee crawl around Manchester on his last day in the city, tasting coffee from at least four different shops in one morning. He left the city later that day. In 2021, James also went on many coffee crawls throughout Edinburgh, aiming to try coffees from as many different places as possible. James usually goes to around four shops in a coffee crawl.
Syndicated to Breakfast and Coffee.
Comment on this post
Respond to this post by sending a Webmention.
Have a comment? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.