The Milkman is a speciality coffee business with two locations on Cockburn Street in the City of Edinburgh. Both of The Milkman cafes have a warm and cosy aesthetic.
About The Milkman
The Milkman's cafes are within a two minute walk from the Edinburgh Waverely train station and a one minute walk away from the Royal Mile. Due to their central location, there are usually lots of people around. The Milkman is thus perfect for people watching and a great place to observe the heart of Edinburgh.
Approach to Speciality Coffee
The Milkman has served coffee from various different coffee roasters in the past. In 2021, for example, they served coffee from Origin Coffee Roasters. They also offered that coffee on their retail shelves, as well as coffee from Manifesto Coffee, a roastery based up in Perthshire, Scotland. The Milkman prides itself in high-quality speciality coffee, with a La Marzocco espresso machine a prominent object in their first location at the bottom of Cockburn Street.
- James likes to visit The Milkman early in the morning when he is in Edinburgh, usually around its opening time of 9am. This has proven to be a good strategy to get a seat in the cafe. His favourite seat is the small bar at the window of the first Milkman location. This spot is a great place for people watching.
Facts About The Milkman
- The Milkman has a limited selection of baked goods available to purchase alongside a coffee, although they do not offer a menu for breakfast or lunch food.
Things to Do Nearby
The Milkman is in the heart of Edinburgh so there is plenty to do nearby. A few things you may want to do if you are visiting The Milkman for a coffee include:
- Walking up to the top of the Royal Mile to see Edinburgh Castle.
- Walking down to the bottom of the Roal Mile to see the Scottish Parliament.
- Do some shopping at the Royal Mile.
- Walk up and down the side streets that go off the Royal Mile.
- Visit Princes Street Gardens.
- Go to one of the museums nearby such as the Museum of Childhood or the National Museum of Scotland.
- James interviewed the former manager of The Milkman for his blog in 2021: https://jamesg.blog/2021/03/31/coffee-chat-the-milkman/
- @themilkmancoffee on Instagram
Syndicated to Breakfast and Coffee.
Comment on this post
Respond to this post by sending a Webmention.
Have a comment? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.