Today I have curated a number of interesting words for your edification and review. I have found a lot of inspiration in reading both the Guardian, as well as listening to The Allusionist podcast, a recommendation from a friend. The Allusionist is a podcast about words and language, a blissful combination for an amateur lexicographer such as myself.
The words I have curated today are:
- Bathymetry: The study of beds in oceans, seas, and other bodies of water.
- Maladroit: A lack of skill in handling a situation.
- Abrogated: Repeal a rule, law, or agreement.
- Punster: One who enjoys making puns.
- Francophone: French-speaking.
As I write, I am sitting in a cafe, having enjoyed a sweet treat and a pot of herbal tea. I have been working away on bsky.link, fixing bugs and adding new features. I am looking at my notes realising I have more words to share in this series, but I don't want to share too many words in one post! Tune in (or whatever the digital writing equivalent is of that phrase?) next time for more Fun with Words.