I have developed a passion for coffee. I am not yet at the level of a coffee connoisseur. I am still a novice. I have just purchased my first Aeropress and I am hoping to start brewing my own coffee soon.
My favorite coffee shop was Costa Coffee. There is a branch down the street that I have been frequenting over the last few weeks. They serve cold brew. It's delicious. Now I have become very fond of an independent coffee shop near to my house.
My Coffee Journey
"Every serious coffee lover has their own preferences" - Me, August 2020
Like any coffee lover, I've got a long and storied history with the beverage. My dad made the first coffee that I ever drank. I did not like it. I think it had sugar in it. The coffee definitely contained milk. I have come to learn this is a common first experience.
For a while, I only drank tea. I liked Twinings, a British brand of tea. After years of drinking tea, I took a two month break from caffeine at the start of 2020. This was somewhat of a New Year's Resolution, I think. I cannot quite remember. I ended up going out for coffees with my dad again and I found a new appreciation for the beverage.
In mid-2020, I decided to get more serious about coffee. I've been reading about coffee in my spare time and tracking the coffees that I drink. I have an Airtable spreadsheet where I keep this log and record my notes of each coffee I try. I am presently brewing coffees with the Aeropress. There are so many variables that I'm not ready to try another method of brewing.
How do you like your coffee, James? A great question indeed.
- I am currently brewing with the Aeropress. There's so much I can experiment with that I will probably stick with this brewing method for the forseeable future.
- I like my coffee black when I am brewing at home and with milk when I am out.
- I prefer my cold brew with milk.
- I prefer almond milk in my coffee. No sugar whatsoever.
- I like cinnamon on a cappuccino.
- I like to try as many new coffees as possible.
Go Back to the Top